5 Ways to Naturally Keep Spiders Away
When the weather cools down there’s one species of creepy crawlers that always manages its way into your home — spiders. Laying on the couch and seeing one walk across the armrest is something that will make you jump out of your skin. To avoid seeing these eight legged freaks in your home, practice these removal and prevention methods.
- Peppermint Oil – Do you see spiders in the same parts of your house throughout the fall and winter? If so, purchase yourself a bottle of peppermint oil and mix a few drops into a spray bottle filled with water. Spray this solution in all of the problem areas to ward off spiders as well as a long list of other pests who hate this scent.
- Cleanliness – Spiders love clutter and untouched areas of the house. Try to keep a clutter-free home and dust at least once per week; this includes your attic space. If you see cobwebs make sure you remove them on sight.
- No Wood – Many homes have wood burning stoves or fireplaces. If you have a pile of wood stacked up against your house, relocate the wood several feet away from the foundation. Spiders are prone to crawling around wood piles and can eventually make their way into your home if they find an opening.
- Chestnuts – If we told you to place chestnuts on your window sills to prevent spiders from entering, would you believe it? Well you better start believing because chestnuts do just that! Luckily, chestnuts have a long shelf life so you can leave these here for a good amount of time.
- Seal Cracks – Walk around the inside and outside of your home looking for cracks, gaps, and holes. Seal any of these with patches and caulking to prevent spiders and many other pests from entering your home. A weak point in your house is like a front door with a welcome mat
The last thing you want to see after a long day at work is a spider repelling from the ceiling onto your bed! When you need spiders or any other pest infestation removed from your home, contact Knockout Pest Control. To learn more, or to schedule an inspection, give us a call at (800) 244-7378.