The Pest Control Checklist You Should Go Over in Your Home (and Business)
Are you worried you may have a pest infestation in your home or business?
If so, you should call a professional pest management company ASAP!
However, while you’re waiting for them to arrive, you should go over a pest control checklist to see for yourself if your home (or business) is prone to an infestation.
The DIY Pest Control Checklist
If you answer “No” to any of the following questions, your likelihood of a pest infestation in your home or business increases. Therefore, make sure you answer each and every question on this list with a “Yes” the next time you read through it.
- Are the doors, windows, and other openings in the building tightly sealed (and equipped with the proper weatherstripping)?
- Are all screens and vents without holes or tears?
- Are dirty dishes and items in the sink area cleaned within a reasonable amount of time?
- Are the “hard to reach” areas being cleaned regularly to remove any debris, food scraps, and possible spills? (Ex: underneath appliances, under the grates on the stove, on pantry shelving, etc.)
- Are all of the food and drinks being stored properly in containers with secured lids?
- Is all of the garbage being taken out of the building to its proper receptacle each night (or when it needs to be).
- Are the outside garbage containers secured and cleaned (to a reasonable degree)?
- Is there any litter surrounding the outside of your building?
These are some of the many questions you should be asking yourself when you look at your home or business.
If you fear a pest infestation is taking over your home or business, know that Knockout will manage it for you!
We’ll work on removing the infestation, while you work on this list — ensuring you’ll always say “Yes” for each and every question!